It is confirmed and tested that BBM for android is working for any android ics 4.0 or later ‘phone’ version and iphone. I had confirmed it by my huawei y 300 phone, it works smoothly and pretty fast compared to Line. However BBM which is known for its robustness still lack of feature.. unlike whatsup which offers to send media form, image, sound, and video, BBM only offers the user to send Picture and record of sound. But its speed and its message status (Delivered-Read notification) is good enough if you consider, minimal usage of multimedia during your communication. User interface is pretty good, but the font and send-option message bar is to big and little bit disturbing for 4 inch phone.
If you come to playstore and search it, just type “BBM for Android”.. This morning, it is located on the second list, with title BBM and small description “BlackBerry Limited”. just make sure you download the right one 🙂
Currently Tablet is not Supported
If you want to download BBM for your tablet, but you can’t install it, there is no wrong with your device. From article http://appscout.pcmag.com/apple-ios-iphone-ipad-ipod/317108-bbm-finally-launches-on-iphone-and-android , i find out that this new release version has not yet support the Tablet version of any android. so just be patient if you still want to download BBM for your tablet, it may come real soon :D.
here i will resume the plus minus off bbm compared to some other chat application
– Fast & Smooth (compared to Line)
– Add privacy because you use BBM ID instead of you own phone number.
– Has Delivered and Read notification. It will help you to assure the status of your message (whatsup doesnt have this)
– Good User Interface. The display of Android for BBM is better than the original BBM in Blackberry
– Minimal Multimedia Feature. You can only send your picture and recorded sound (compared to whatsup and Line)
– Harder to invite or to add friend because you should know the BBM ID (compared to whastup)
– Knowing BBM ID doesnt mean you can call the user. BBM ID is separated information to phone number, you still need to share or know phone number manually to be able to call other user.
– Little bit disturbing display of send message option. The display is too big for 4 inch screen
There are some cases where our laptop turned off suddenly. It immediately leaves us with black screen, without giving us any confirmation or message. From google i get some tips to avoid getting our laptop turned off like that. Because it is really annoying if we still have a lot of things to do with our laptop or we are in the middle of really busy project and wana make sure it recorded/run well.
Some tips to avoid your laptop turned of suddenly are listed below :
Overheat can be caused by running very heavy programs that consumes high amount of RAM and Processing. You can check it via task manager, its green indicator bar displays your ram and proccess usage if you see it too high, you can try to reduce it by closing heavy programs or reducing its proccess. Fan problem usually is the reason why your laptop overheat. If your laptop fan is not working well or may be doesn’t work at all, we can make sure that your laptop will be turned off as soon as it is started. You need to fix it in order to get your laptop performance back.
I don’t know but some virus may cause this turned off problem in your laptop. the solution is offcourse too install the antivirus. Smaller and faster antivirus is better than heavy one :). If you don’t find any problem with RAM + Processor and Fan problem you can try to run full scan on your laptop, but don’t run any other program. if it passed, than maybe virus isn’t your problem
3. Fan position
When you are using your laptop you need to make sure that you don’t block your laptop’s fan. The easy way is to make sure you place your laptop in flat place. for example in table or in floor. dont place your laptop in your bed, blanket or other place that may reduce air circulation.
4. Use cooling pad
Using cooling pad can help you avoid your laptop from heating.
5. Use power management application in windows
Windows also provides you power management application. You can utilize it to reduce your proccessor power consumption. By doing this means you restrain you processor work capacity, you reduce your processor performance, so it won’t get overheat. to do this you can go to windows logo and write power options or you can go to control panel and search power options
then choose one of the power plan > in the right side choose change plan setting
after that you choose advanced setting
in the windows that appears, choose processor and reduce the amount to amount you need
now u should see that your processor power consumption is restrained and it may help you prevent your laptop from overheat problem
It seemed that my MAC installation couldn.t play any flv file, and also can’t play other file with subtitle. Like usual, video player needs right codec to be able to play some file (specific ext), in windows we can download K-lite codec pack or another package. In MAC installation, because i am not really MAC user, i got confused for a while finding the right program to play flv file.
1. Perian : it is opensource quicktime component that enable QuickTime to play some video format which is not supported by default.
2. Qt Player : Update version of Quicktime player can be used to make sure that you have installed the latest version which is in better state than version before.
3. XBMC : Free and opensource media player developed by XBMC foundation, it is similiar with Windows media center which offers us, complete package of media player. After installing this software i can play flv file, and other format nicely. It can also play subtitle. Other than the fact that this player seems needs high amount of RAM when active, it serves us complete package of media player we need.
4. VLC : VLC player is also free player, it usually work in windows, but in my MAC installation it didn’t work well and couldn’t perform what i need.
From some software i tried above, I recommend you to install and use XBMC, since it doesn’t need any plug-in, or any update before we use it. 🙂
How to compress pdf file
There was a case when i needed to compress my pdf file which is generated from ms word, but i had to compress it till this file has size no larger that 100 KB. After trying some ways, including online file submission and googling, i only found one solution. nitro pdf. you can use nitro pdf to compress your file with steps below.
1. Download/Install nitro pdf
2. Run nitro pdf
3. Open pdf file that you like to optimize or compress (reduce file size)
4. On menu file, choose optimize pdf
5. The next window choose remove object tab
make sure you check all boxes presented, because it will reduce you file size greater than you ever imagine :).
6. Click optimize and you get new smaller-size pdf file :D, Save as
Remote desktop software is application that will make you able to control your PC remotely. On windows base this function is provided by RDP or remote dekstop connection. This remote desktop connection can be accessed by run command mstsc. Below is the list for non default remote dekstop sotware that works for most Operating Systems. klick the image below to download it.