Keylogger is a software that can be used to monitor all your keyboard activities. There are some free keylogger available for download. One of those keylogger is Refog KeyLogger Free. This is nice software with nice GUI, and its Free!! u can monitor your keyboard, all strokes will be saved.
backtrack has its nmap installed inside, the use of nmap it to scan other computer ports. it is the part of penetration testing. after we know what ports opened and what application possibly installed on computer, we can go further by trying to attack the application.
nmap has some basic options :
1. -sT : TCP Connect, using method connect(), we can determine wheter the port opened or not, but it is easily to detect by firewall/intrusion detection software.
2. -sS : SYN stealth scan, using syn to begin connection then sending rst to stop initiation connection, so that no connection will be made. it results in harder detection.
3. -sF, -sN, -sX : FIN, NULL, Xmass Tree Scan. FIN will send Fin Flag, Null will set no flag and Xmass Tree sets the FIN, URG and PUSH flags. It is used to avoid system detection.
4. -sP : Ping Scan , scan with ping command to determine whether the target online or not
5. -sU : UDP Scan , scan port with UDP packet.
6. -sO : IP Protocol Scan, scan port using ip raw packet.
7. -sI : Idle Scanning, more advanced scanning mode
8. -sV : Version Detection,
9. -sA : ACK Scan,
10. -sW, -sR, -sL : Window Scan, RPC Scan, List Scan,
using those basic options we can determine the ports opened in target.
1 open terminal
2 enter the command
nmap -sS 127.0.01
so it will look like this
#rootbt: nmap -sS 127.0.0.1
Host is up (0.0021s latency).
Not shown: 991 closed ports
PORT STATE SERVICE
21/tcp open ftp
22/tcp open ssh
80/tcp open http
139/tcp open netbios-ssn
143/tcp open imap
445/tcp open microsoft-ds
3306/tcp open mysql
10000/tcp open snet-sensor-mgmt
Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 7.06 seconds
Backtrack 5 is ubuntu based OS that has many penetration tool installed inside. it usually used by people to begin learning about networking and hacking. u can download the source in http://www.backtrack-linux.org/downloads/ and choose which one meets your need. that page will ask u
1. VM Flavor / Desktop Environment : GNOME and KDE .
2. Architecture : Arm, 32bit, 64bit
3. Image : ISO/VMware
for example u’re planning to install it in your laptop, u can choose : KDE, 32bit, ISO , then click download. ISO image also provides ability to use Unetbotin. Using software Unetbootin, u can create bootable BT5 in Flashdisk/External Harddrive, it will help you who doesn’t want to install this OS directly on your Laptop. U can download Unetbootin in http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/. Tutorial to create bootable drive also provided in that website.
U can install BT5 to your computer using the ISO images, u can burn ISO image to DVD, or simply use the flashdisk with bootable BT5 (Using Unetbootin).
1. Plug-in the bootable DVD/flash drive.
2. After some proccess Enter the default login name : root and the default password : toor
3. To load the desktop enter command: startx
4. Choose / click install.sh located in top-left corner of the screen
5. Follow the instruction
BT5 provides some options in installation proccess, u can choose guided option or advanced one. in guided option u are given options to choose whether u want to create dual boot OS or not, in advanced one, u will specify the partition by yourself. here i choose guided dual boot OS and then choose the part of the disk that will be taken for BT5 partition. For trial i just allocate 10 GB. Then, the installation continue and when it has finished, reboot your system and you will get BT5 as default booted OS.