Favicon or favorite icon is small icon 16 x 16 pixel icon that is used as an icon for your website. This icon will be displayed in each your browser tab, to represent your website. This small icon file has .ico extention. If you want to put favicon on your website, you need to place it on your root folder of your website.
Thera some ways to create this favicon:
1. You can edit your own image use image editor such as photoshop or paint, or microsoft offfice viewer and make sure your edited image is 16 x 16 pixel
2. You then save it to favicon.ico
3. upload to your root folder of website.
1. you may use favicon generator http://www.favicon.cc/ here to create or draw your favicon
2. I prefer to use my own image and edit it using favicon generator
3. after you finish the process, download the favicon.ico and upload it to your root folder of website.
here is the example on chrome
here is the example on firefox
To make your browser to display your favicon, you just need to restart the browser,
but if the favicon still not appear you can try to open it on your browser for example http://caleudum.com/favicon.ico after it display the favicon, you can then restart the browser and see the result.
you can go here to create your favicon