Operating system is computer/device software used to organize how the computer work, mainly as base software that build up and connect all the computer hardware with ability to maintenance and organize how other application work.
Installing different version of windows in one computer may be needed to get one advantage that other version dont offer.
Usually the default boot loader version will be windows version that is installed last. This default boot loader however can choose which windows to load when the booting started. however, You can modify it through msconfig.
by using msconfig you can change default boot order in you windows PC
1. click windows logo
2. type “msconfig” in search form
3. in msconfig window choose boot menu
4. click the OS you want to set to be default OS to boot.
Harddisk and Other Input Device Aren’t Detected During Booting. It happened right after i tried to modify bios setting. actually i just want to change the boot order but somehow i slipped, so in order to keep the last setting i choose to activate the optimized default options. but after its restarted it opened the bios setting directly without any button pressed. I also couldn’t find booting priority options.
harddisk, flash usb, and dvd writer were also not detected by my laptop. i tried optimized default menu once again but i still couldn’t make it right. it didn’t show any input device during booting.
after struggling for a while i found the secure boot options
i wasnt sure about this option actually and i hadnt looked for it in internet, but after i disable it
my laptop worked well like before 🙂
so if you somehow have some problem with me, make sure to check for secure boot option in your bios and disable it, it may solve your problem.
Windows 8 Installation dual boot windows 7 can be performed when you have computer/laptop installed windows 7 before. You can do these step by step to install windows 8 dual boot windows 7 in your laptop :
1. Download windows 8 installation image. Usually available in iso format, you can freely download this windows 8 installation. here or here
2. Create bootable flashdisk/DVD disk. if you want to create bootable flashdisk you can use windows 7 USB download tool. you can download this tool here. The operation is very simple. you just need to plug in you flash disk, run the windows 7 USB download tool, and the only command performed by this tool is asking you to locate your ISO image of windows 8 installation. After you specify the location and choose OK, this program will create bootable flashdisk for windows 8 installation. if you want to create bootable DVD, you just need to burn your ISO image using burning tool :).
3. Before you want to install dual boot win 8 and win 7 you need to create new partition in order to make you easier to manage the harddisk and avoid losing your data. to create new partition you can use Disk Management tool, you can type “create and format hard disk partition” in start > search program and files form. or go to Control Panel > System and Security > Administrative Tools > Computer management, and choose Disk Management. There you will be given information of each of your partition and you can create new partition by shrinking your old one. You can read this article for example
1. In this step, i assume that you already have bootable flashdisk or bootable dvd for windows 8 installation. after you have these, you need to plug in the flash/media installation. and restart the laptop/computer.
2. When the computer started, choose media boot selection and make sure you choose according to your installation media. this can be performed using f10/esc button. you can press this button while the screen displays the logo of your laptop/pc manufacturer. some option will appear from flashdisk, dvdroom, and harddisk. choose flashdisk if you have bootable flashdisk or choose dvdroom if you have bootable dvd.
3. Your computer will be restarted after you select the booting priority. Now the computer will boot your media installation first. New windows 8 logo will appear and will guide you to install windows 8.
4. The installation step is very simple : – select harddisk partition
– input product key, you can google it using keyword “windows 8 product key free”
– and confirm installation
5. The installation is finished and now you will have 2 option when your windows booting. You can choose windows 8 or windows 7. :).
Miscrosoft has announced its newest operating system Windows 8. It also comes with newest features, its main feature is its compatibility to be ported to most all computer architectures. it fully supports touchscreen device and still suitable for most win 7 applications. Metro UI, is its user interface name.
From one article from microsoft i also found some explanation about its new features, here they are :
Fast launching of apps from a tile-based Start screen, which replaces the Windows Start menu with a customizable, scalable full-screen view of apps.
Live tiles with notifications, showing always up-to-date information from your apps.
Fluid, natural switching between running apps.
Convenient ability to snap and resize an app to the side of the screen, so you can really multitask using the capabilities of Windows.
Fully touch-optimized browsing, with all the power of hardware-accelerated Internet Explorer 10.
To add user on ubuntu we can use useradd command, which has some options. For example we want to create new user named “cooluser” with password “usercool”, and we want to make the home directory in /home/cooluser
[php]useradd cooluser -p usercool -m [/php]
this command will create new directory in /home/cooluser
Sometimes we need to determine what version of our OS. Mostly for all unix, linux os we can do it with ‘uname’ command. for FreeBSD it works well and we can see directly what version our FreeBSD is, but for ubuntu and centos we can get it straight what we need because instead of display OS version its just will display the kernel version.