After u make sure u have turned on your network interface such as wifi or plugged in your LAN cables, there is some steps u could do to determine whether you get internet access or not:
1. ping localhost, if it doesnt work, then maybe your (pc/laptop) network service is disabled. on windows u can enable it in start > control panel > netwrok connection
2. on windows, chech for logo internet connection, if this icon is clear, it means u are connected to internet. if not, maybe you’re just connected to Local Area Network.
3. on windows use ipconfig command. run > cmd > ipconfig , to see your ip adress. if you see 169.xxx.xxx.xxx as your internet address, it’s default address of microsoft interface, it means your computer didnt get dhcp address. probably thera to many users using internet connection near you. on linux use ifconfig command
4. if you know your gateway address, try to ping it.
5. ping internet familiar (unblocked) address such as google or its (easy to remember) dns address 220.127.116.11 , if this works then u can make sure now u can access internet.
root@bt:~# ruby1.8 /pentest/exploits/framework3/msfconsole
888 888 d8b888
888 888 Y8P888
888 888 888
88888b.d88b. .d88b. 888888 8888b. .d8888b 88888b. 888 .d88b. 888888888
888 “888 “88bd8P Y8b888 “88b88K 888 “88b888d88″”88b888888
888 888 88888888888888 .d888888″Y8888b.888 888888888 888888888
888 888 888Y8b. Y88b. 888 888 X88888 d88P888Y88..88P888Y88b.
888 888 888 “Y8888 “Y888″Y888888 88888P’88888P” 888 “Y88P” 888 “Y888
=[ metasploit v3.7.0-release [core:3.7 api:1.0]
+ — –=[ 684 exploits - 355 auxiliary
+ -- --=[ 217 payloads - 27 encoders - 8 nops
msf > db_driver mysql
[*] Using database driver mysql
msf > db_connect root:email@example.com:3306/metasploit
msf > db_status
[*] mysql connected to metasploit
msf > db_nmap -sS -n okeydokey.com
[*] Nmap: Starting Nmap 5.51 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2011-08-18 03:39 WIT
[*] Nmap: Nmap scan report for okeydokey.com
[*] Nmap: Host is up (0.14s latency).
[*] Nmap: Not shown: 995 closed ports
[*] Nmap: PORT STATE SERVICE
[*] Nmap: 21/tcp open ftp
[*] Nmap: 22/tcp open ssh
[*] Nmap: 80/tcp open http
[*] Nmap: 111/tcp open rpcbind
[*] Nmap: 3306/tcp open mysql
[*] Nmap: Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 32.27 seconds
msf > exit
thx to :
Chromium and VLC can’t be run as root. On backtrack 5 with default user root u need to make little modification to these applications.
1. cd /usr/lib/chromium-browser
2. hexedit chromium-browser
u will get
3. press tab (once) to switch to ascii mode instead of hexa mode. Continue reading
Maybe it is caused by other program that i installed, suddenly when i wanted to start my gnome terminal in panel my terminal wont start.
To solve this i did these steps,
0. Restart Backtrack dont start X (X-windows) yet.
1. Uninstall latest program/application i installed.
apt-get remove programname
2. Uninstall my gnome-manager.
apt-get remove gnome-manager
3. Reinstall gnome-manager.
apt-get install gnome-manager
4. When finished i start Gnome by command startx and the terminal now works as usual.