visual effect on gnome will make your desktop more beautiful
aptitude install compiz compizconfig-settings-manager compiz-fusion-plugins-main compiz-gnome compiz-gtk
to enable this feature do :
1. right click on your desktop
2. click change desktop background
3. go to visual effect
4. choose what u prefer
for managing/editing the effect
System > Preferences > CompizConfig Setting manager
Gnome Visual Effect CompizConfig
it’s not uninstall actually, hha just simply delete it.
after a month i tried to use backtrack 5, i found out that my disk space allocated for backtrack 5 was nearly empty, 10 GB was too small. So i’d like to add new disk space, but i haven’t found the way to do it. I came up with uncool steps.
1. Remove old backtrack installation
2. Reinstall backtrack with new disk space allocation
to remove backtrack installation, which is dual booted with windows 7, i have to make sure my windows 7 can still work well. after googling, i got the message to do fixmbr to recover windows 7 boot manager. so here are the steps.
A. Fixing windows 7 boot manager
1. prepare your win7 installation disk (dvd/usb), plug it in.
2. start your computer, set the boot priority from bios setting (first boot usb, or cd/dvd room)
3. when windows 7 installation comes up, choose repair
4. choose repair this computer with recovery tool, click next
5. choose command prompt
6. enter this command
7. reboot your computer
B. Remove backtrack
1. now your computer should start the win 7 automatically
2. go to control panel > System and Security > Administrative Tools > Computer Management > choose Disk Management (under storage properties)
3. u will see clearly your computer partitions, delete your backtrack partition by right click > delete Volume
4. after it is deleted you will have new disk space and u can expand your other windows partition.
computer management windows 7
in unix/linux sistem it is easy for us to define directory or file permission. there are 3 options : read, write, execute. these options are represented with binary number rwx, respectively for read, write, execute. there are also 3 user type/level exist : user, group, other. user means the specific user logged in the system which is also the owner of the file / directory, group mean several user that has been defined on one group name, and other represent any user exist or the whole world.
each file/directory in unix/linux will be labeled by specific permission, such as drwxrwxrwx. Continue reading
After i use wordpress plugin for mobile web application “WordPress Mobile Pack” i found that it caused duplicate meta description. Each of my link/permalink will be appended “?wpmp_switcher=desktop”, which indicates that instead of using the web mode display, we will use desktop mode display.
since it created miss configuration to meta description tag, i prefer to remove the plugin. but the affected links seem still the same. trying to understand this thing, i did these 2 things.
1. Clear the dns cache and browser history just to make sure these aren’t the thing that causes the problem.
2. Deleting completely any “WordPress Mobile Pack” in folder wp-include>>themes.
It seems working on my website, u can try to do it with yours too. hope this helpful for you.
Remote desktop software is application that will make you able to control your PC remotely. On windows base this function is provided by RDP or remote dekstop connection. This remote desktop connection can be accessed by run command mstsc. Below is the list for non default remote dekstop sotware that works for most Operating Systems. klick the image below to download it.
1. Real VNC
2. Tight VNC
3. Team Viewer
4. Tiger VNC
Jcow is facebook like application, it has been used by some community to create their own “facebook” page. Jcow available in Free and Paid license. The Free license have limited feature though. Below, is the instruction to install Jcow on your hosting.
1. Download Jcow application installer here or in http://www.jcow.net/
2. Create new directory for your Jcow
3. Upload the file to your hosting place it in folder Jcow, extract it here.
4. Create new database and database user, give all privileges to the user to access database.
5. In you Jcow directory find install.php change permission to execute file
chmod 775 install.php
6. Open your install.php on your browser according to your jcow directory. example : http://caleudum.com/jcow/install.php
7. Insert information required.
8. Delete install.php then try to browse your Jcow folder. example http://demo.jcow.net/
here is the example
Some of the problems sometimes arise with Mysql database and WordPress. One problem that sometimes arises is the web displays the error Establish a database connection, this problem usually occurs because we haven’t started yet our mysql-server program, or already started but not run well. The solution is simply to check whether or not our mysql running and try to run it.
To view mysql process id
ps -ax | grep mysql
If this command return you no result, it means your mysql doesn’t run.
To start mysql-server
On FreeBSD enter this command
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/ mysql-server start
On Ubuntu/Centos enter this command
service mysql start
It should solve your problem.